Xbox’s own Major Nelson has announced Xbox compatibility with Google Assistant. Microsoft already offers Xbox Skill for Alexa and Cortana which were released last fall. Xbox for Google Assistant is in Beta at the moment and you can join in all the fun by following these simple steps.
“Here’s how to get started with the beta:
- Join the Google Group with the Google Account you intend to use
- Sign into your Xbox
- In the Google Home app for iOS or Android:
Tap “+ Add”
Tap “Set up device”
Tap “Have something already set up?”
Search for and select “[beta] Xbox”
- Sign in with the Microsoft account you use on Xbox
- Follow the instructions to link your Xbox and give it a device name
If no devices are found, try enabling the Digital Assistants setting on your console (Settings > Kinect & Devices > Digital Assistants)”
Once you are all set up, you can use any of the following commands.
- “Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, turn off Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, launch YouTube on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, pause on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, resume on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.”
Glad to see the Xbox team not just relying on their own Cortana services and really expanding on the Xbox voice capabilities to really cater to the Xbox community.
Source: Major Nelson