Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.2 is nearly here, and it’s another hefty piece of DLC coming to the game. Along with additional story quests, Patch 5.2 will include brand new content and various gameplay improvements. In a cool callback to the iconic Final Fantasy VII, the gigantic Ruby Weapon boss fight will have its own Trial in FFXIV.
Details on Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.2
Below, you can see a quick breakdown of what’s coming to Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.2:
- Main Scenario Quests
- A new dungeon called Anamnesis Anyder, set in FFXIV’s coolest area so far Tempest
- Eden’s Verse Raid: Gaia will be featured in the next chapter of the Eden raids. Producer Yoshida said in the livestream that this one will be harder.
- Ruby Weapon (a superboss from Final Fantasy VII) will have its own Trial called Cinder Drift.
- The Sorrow of Welyt will be added to the Chronicles of a New Era optional quests
- Beast Tribe Quests focusing on the gathering classes. The quest will feature the Qitari and can be found in the Rak’tika Greatwood. They’re set for level 70 Disciple of the Land jobs.
- Resistance Weapon Quests – In Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr, players will be able to begin the story-driven quests in update 5.25. Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr will be expanded in later patch updates.
- Updates to Ishgardian Restoration, Crafting and Gathering, New Game+, PvP, jobs and more.
Fan Festival and PAX East 2020 Appearances
The Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival will reach San Diego, California on November 6 – 7, 2020; Nagoya, Japan on December 19 – 20, 2020; and London, UK on February 20 – 21, 2021. Visit the Final Fantasy fan-site Nova Crystallis for a complete breakdown of FFXIV’s Letter from the Producer Part LVII live stream.
The game and development team will make an appearance at PAX East 2020 in Boston. Square Enix will feature a Ruby Weapon Challenge and a developer panel.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.2 Echoes of a Fallen Star will release on February 18.