Genshin Impact’s thoughtful elemental mechanics will give you a lot to think about in and out of battles. That even includes which characters to include in your party.
Elements not only react to one another in fights, but also in party composition. Since Genshin Impact is a character-based action game ,you’ll find yourself swapping in and out characters often. Each individual is a master of one element, making them pretty unique in your party of four. But, which element you choose to have and how many there are can grant your team particular party bonuses.
Changing Members in Your Party
Head to the Party Setup block in your pause menu.
The next menu shows your current party of characters. In the top right corner of the screen, you’ll see text reading, “Elemental Resonance.” Click on it and you’ll be directed to a chart and some text that looks like this:
This is the menu you’ll refer to for granted party buffs. Requirements for the added buffs can be seen above the name of the buff, which is generally two of each element. While exploring Teyvat, you’ll generally want to have a party of four different elements to help solve puzzles and execute easy combos.
When it comes to dungeons or boss fights, you may want to lean into elemental weaknesses to gain more of an advantage. This is where Elemental Resonance effects come in handy.
Party Combinations and Their Effects
As of now, these are the current party buffs available in Genshin Impact:
- Protective Canopy
- Requirement: Any four unique elements present
- Effect: 15% resistance to all elements
- Fervent Flames
- Requirement: Two Pyro characters
- Effect: Lasting affects of Cryo reduced by 40%; Increases attack by 25%
- Soothing Water
- Requirement: Two Hydro characters
- Effect: Lasting affects of Pyro reduced by 40%; Increases incoming healing by 30%
- Impetuous Winds
- Requirement: Two Anemo characters
- Effect: Decreases stamina consumption by 15%; Increases movement speed by 10%; Shortens skill cooldown (CD) by 5%
- High Voltage
- Requirement: Two Electro characters
- Effect: Lasting affects of Hydro reduced by 40%; Superconduct, Overloaded, and Electro-Charged attack combos have a 100% chance to generate an Electro Elemental Particle (cooldown is 5 seconds)
- Shattering Ice
- Requirement: Two Cryo characters
- Effect: Lasting affects of Electro reduced by 40%; Increases critical rate against enemies that are frozen or affected by Cryo by 15%
- Enduring Rock
- Requirement: Two Geo characters
- Effect: Increases resistance to being interrupted during attacks; When protected by a shield, increases attack damage by 15%
Future Party Buffs?
The wheel of elements on the right signifies the current elements in the game. The element that is currently in your party will be lit up.
Genshin Impact is a live-service game, so it is more than likely more Elemental Resonance effects will be added. The Nature element has yet to be seen in use, so more party synergy buffs could on the way.