Marvel Snap’s latest card balance update has just launched and it is quite significant for new card, Elsa Bloodstone. Not only does it have major implications for Thanos decks, but Rush and Discard Decks as well. Let’s dive into the changes.
Loki + Elsa = Too Powerful
The most significant changes relate to those having to do with recently launched cards Loki and Elsa Bloodstone. Loki launched last Season and immediately became an intriguing mid-game card to play with Rush decks. Loki, when paired with the Collector, who got a buff this round, became a quick favorite to quickly grab onto your opponent’s strategy and make it your own. He gets a buff making him more expensive thus making it a riskier proposition for discarding your own hand.
Elsa Bloodstone meanwhile is a new character card that launched this season. Elsa is an intriguing character to pair with both Rush and Destruction-focused decks. However, Elsa was able to get a bit too powerful too fast for such a low cost card. Her buff takes down the amount of power she gains from filling locations. The developers cited the frequent meta pairing of Loki and Elsa for the rationale behind these changes.
The Rest of the Changes
The remaining changes are fairly minor. Photon gets a buff to her Power making her a more effective play for late game decks like those that pair with Silver Surfer and Patiot. Similarly, Hellcow is now the highest Power card in the game with a Discard ability. This was a much-needed buff to make Hellcow a more interesting play than Swordmaster. The full list of changes is below.
All Balance Updates
- [Old] 2/2 – If you play another card to fill a location, give it +3 Power.
- [Change] +3 Power -> +2 Power
- [Old] 3/5 – On Reveal: Replace your hand with cards from your opponent’s starting deck. Give them -1 cost.
- [Change] 3/5 -> 4/5
- [Old] 2/0 – When a card enters your hand from anywhere (except your deck), +1 Power.
- [Change] 2/0 -> 2/2
- [Old] 2/0 – After you play a card here, +2 Power
- [New] 2/2 – After you play a card here, +1 Power.
- [Old] 3/3 – On Reveal: Remove the abilities from all Ongoing cards in your hand and deck.
- [Change] 3/3 -> 3/2
- [Old] 1/1 – At the start of the game, shows the right location to you.
- [Change] 1/1 -> 1/2
- [Old] 4/6 – On Reveal: Discard 2 cards from your hand.
- [Change] 4/6 -> 4/8
- [Old] 6/5 – On Reveal: Give your Ongoing cards +2 Power.
- [Change] 6/5 -> 6/7