Video game crossovers can be some of the coolest moments for fans when two of their favorite IP’s come together in a magical way. Then sometimes two games come together and you wonder, “how the hell did this happen but this is pretty cool”. This is certainly the best way to describe the Death Stranding crossover that will be coming to Days Gone with patch 1.60 that is now live. In a short video released on Sony Bends Twitter they revealed that you will be able to get a Death Stranding themed gas tank in the games latest patch. But it doesn’t stop there, you will also be able to get a BB pod themed gas tank, so now even Deacon can have his own little BB. While this crossover is a little odd, it is a great way to promote both the release of Death Stranding tomorrow, as well as a big final patch for Days Gone.
With the release of our 1.6 patch and tomorrow's launch of Death Stranding, we added new #DeathStranding themed bike tanks, decals, and a frame paint! Download our latest patch and check it out! #DaysGone pic.twitter.com/Re42BhzA9Q
— Bend Studio #DaysGone (@BendStudio) November 7, 2019
This will be the last features update for Days Gone, the support from Sony Bend of the game post-launch has been phenomenal. Below you will find full details patch notes for all the features coming with patch 1.60 from resetting jobs, hordes and more, to final game optimization tweaks.
Reset Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones
The option to reset Hordes, Ambush Camps and Infestation Zones is live!
- Players can now fully reset all open-world Hordes, Infestation Zones, and Ambush Camps
- The jobs can be reset as many times as the player wants
There are a few conditions that need to be met for you to utilize this feature
- Complete the story mission “For an Outlaw Biker”
- Have any of the Storylines for “Horde Killer”, “Ambush Camp Killer”, and “Infestation Exterminator” at 100% complete
- Players can only reset jobs if they have completed the appropriate Storyline at 100%
How to Reset your Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones
- Ensure that you met all the conditions above
- Load your saved game
- Hit “Options”
- Select “Reset Jobs”
- Select the jobs you wish to reset!
- Note that you can reset your jobs as many times as you would like
Death Stranding Bike Tanks and More!
To celebrate the launch of Death Stranding on Friday, we released exclusive bike decals in Days Gone! Take to the broken road and show off your excitement for Death Stranding today.
Please note that you can unlock the Death Stranding tanks in both New Game+ and when starting a New Game
- Death Stranding Tank
- Death Stranding: BB Tank
- Both tanks can be acquired ONLY from the Diamond Lake Mechanic
- Death Standing Decal
- Death Standing: BB Decal
- Decals can be acquired from any valid mechanic
- Death Standing: BB Base
- This frame paint can be applied on from any valid mechanic
Black Friday Changes
- We increased the amount of Freaker ears it cost to repurchase weapons/ammo
- Due to a scoring error that occurred, we have done a one-time reset ONLY for the “Black Friday” leaderboard. We don’t expect to reset these or any leaderboards in the future
- This reset is planned to go live on 11/8/2019 @ 8:00am PT
A reminder that all the DLC challenges we released are planned to stay unlocked indefinitely.
- General improvements to stability and optimization have been added
- Various Crash Fixes
- General audio adjustments
- The ammo counter should now display as intended in certain challenges
- The UI should remain shown(?) as intended during bike chases
- Infestation nests should repopulate properly if the player is killed
- The weapon stats at the merchant should show the correct stats for each weapon
- In New Game+, the skill “Up The Ante” will now provide more ammo capacity for 6MM on the BND-150
- The challenge “Reloaded” score has been adjusted
- Certain trophy progress should transfer over correctly when starting New Game+
- A specific character has finished their work at Cloverdale Research Facility and has made her way to Iron Mike’s
Known issues with Patch 1.6
- The light that highlights the Surprise Box is not showing properly
UI HIGH CONTRAST COLOR MODE (CONFIRM)
In our push for accessibility, we’ve added UI COLOR MODE to help visibility and contrast in certain HUD elements in Days Gone. When enabling HIGH CONTRAST, certain key HUD elements on the screen will swap color palettes to become easier to see and more visible during the game.
New Linear Option for Aiming
Some of you have requested a linear input curve for Aiming, and we heard you. This will make camera movement more one-to-one with the Right Stick input, instead of using more of the input range for smaller aiming adjustments. You will find this setting in Options->Gameplay->Dead Zone Sensitivity->Linear.
Our team will continue to identify and resolve major bugs if needed in future patches.