Today Team Xbox announced that the xCloud service will be opening up in a massive way. In an Xbox News Wire article, Principal Program Manager, Johnathan Hildebrandt detailed that Xbox Insiders would be able to participate in any Xbox One supported region. Prior xCloud testing was only available to the US and the UK. In joining, these regions will be up to date with the latest from what xCloud has to offer.
Xbox Insiders will still need to be sure to sign up if they want to give xCloud a whirl. You also want to make sure you have all your other basis covered. Xbox News Wire recommends:
- A phone or tablet running Android 6.0 or higher, with Bluetooth 4.0 (mobile data charges may apply)
- A Bluetooth-enabled Xbox One Wireless Controller
- A Microsoft Account with Xbox profile, and high-speed Internet (ISP fees may apply)
- While not required, we recommend a controller mount for those gamers testing on a phone
- Download the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app from the Google Play Store.
- The app will guide you through [the] setup on your enrolled Xbox One. This includes a test to ensure your home network, console and controller are ready for Xbox Console Streaming:
The network test ensures your console’s network connection and setup meet the minimum requirements:
- NAT type: Open or Moderate
- Upstream bandwidth: At least 4.75 Mbps required, 9 Mbps preferred
- Network latency: 125 ms or less required, 60 ms or less preferred
- Console settings: Power setting must be Instant-on
Are you going to sign up to try xCloud? Let us know in the comments below.