Call of Duty Warzone has been a point of contention for gamers on console platforms. While the game boasts the crossplay abilities, many on the console side have felt the pains of cheaters on PC. Many console gamers have been looking to turn off crossplay to avoid this. For PS4 gamers, it is as simple as a toggle switch, but for Xbox gamers, it’s not so simple.
While we cannot justify why the Xbox version does not have a simple toggle for turning off crossplay, we want to show you how to turn it off. Unfortunately, this has caused a lot of misinformation that Xbox cannot turn it off at all. This simply is not the case, it’s just a bit more complicated.
Steps To Turning Off Crossplay
- First, go to your Xbox Settings.
- From settings, select Account.
- From Account, select Privacy & Online Safety
- Under this, select Details and Customise.
- Next, find Communications and Multiplayer
- Finally, change your option of “You can play with people outside of Xbox Live” to block.
- Email Activision & Infinity Ward and tell them you disapprove of not having a simple toggle as PlayStation does.
This change may make finding matches a little more lengthy because under this you will not be able to play with anyone outside of Xbox Live.