Although, the process on PS4 was straight forward, how to game share on PS5, proves even more of a cakewalk. With the process’s being updated with ease, this feature will see more mileage than ever before. Especially since this will now work even if your console is offline.
Naming convention wise, the PS5 has dubbed its form of game share, “Console Sharing and Offline Play.” Essentially, this will allow a friend to have access to your library of digital games, straight from their console. The same applies vice versa. Another cool perk, if you have PlayStation Plus, then your friend will also benefit from PlayStation Plus. Although this will only enable for 1 console at a time, you do have the freedom to switch whenever.
If this sounds remotely interesting to you, here’s a small guide to help:
Enabling Game Share on PS5
- First, you’ll start on the PlayStation 5’s dashboard then. Navigate to the upper right-hand corner of the dashboard and select Settings, which appears in a gear icon.
- Scroll down until you reach an option that says, “Users and Accounts.“
- Now, with that open, select the option that says Other.
4. Next, select Console Sharing and Offline Play.
5. Once, you choose this option, go ahead, and enable it if it has not been already.
When the feature gets enabled, games linked to that account can now be installed onto the console, even when offline. For those who, financially are not able to shell out $70 dollars for games, this is definitely a nice alternative.