Naraka: Bladepoint will be launching tomorrow on PlayStation 5 and becoming free to play on the Xbox platform and Steam. As such there will be a lot of new players jumping into the game for the first time and might need some help. Luckily, Lords of Gaming’s own CEO, Lord Cognito is a consistent player of the game and has some tips and tricks to offer everyone just now jumping in. Here is everything to know to help you in your journey!
New Player Tips and Tricks for Naraka: Bladepoint
NarakaL Bladepoint is a very deep and intricate battle royale. Focused on third-person fighting mechanics and verticality with its gameplay. For starters, you should want to invest in playing every tutorial that you can. You cannot just jump into normal matches and succeed. There are tons of mechanics that the starter tutorial, as well as the advanced tutorials, will teach you. Such as:
- How to revive teammates and yourself.
- How side quests and different weapons work.
After you finish the tutorials, do the battle royale mode with bots to get more interactive practice. Go with some of the basic weapons like the Nunchucks and the Katana. They are very beginner friendly and should help you get a feel for the combat. Ranged weapons such as the bow and guns are not very potent in comparison. They are primarily only used to chip away at enemies from a range. As you continue to play, pay attention to patch notes to follow the trends for which weapon type is going to start outperforming others. Another thing that can help improve your capability in combat is changing the control scheme in the options menu if the default options are working against you.
Understand the Combat and Characters
As mentioned before. Naraka: Bladepoint is very deep and intricate. So when it comes to combat:
- Keep your distance from players and only engage in fights after enemies are weakened.
- When you engage in one-on-one fights, make sure to use the lock-on mechanic.
- Always use your abilities and supers when you are in trouble but time them right.
- Stock up on jade stones for extra moves with your weapons. As well as blue healing items and always go for golden weapons.
- Always remember to parry and use charge-up attacks.
- Additionally, make sure to get a grappling hook to make quick evasions in combat. For example, if you are losing a fight, a quick grapple hook away can give you time to use healing items. In addition to simply getting to higher ground to get the jump on unsuspecting enemies.
Naraka: Bladepoint also has a myriad of characters to choose from. Each with its own abilities and ultimate abilities. But there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Each one, naturally has its own strengths and weaknesses. Treat them like you would any fighting game when playing and always check on their abilities in the menu to find the right one for you.
- After every match, make sure to go into your skill trees to unlock advantages over time. The game boasts a “more you play the stronger you become” mentality instead of static unchanging characters.
- Every special move and ultimate has different variants, so when you unlock them via their special quests. Go for one that further fits your preferred play style.
Obviously, there are other components to the game. Like the live service portion to it, and how different game modes work. But these tips and tricks should help you get started in the long journey ahead. If you would like to stay updated on Naraka: Bladepoint follow their Twitter here for immediate updates on what’s to come. Including awesome collaborations.