Devstream 173 just wrapped up on all official Warframe channels. This devstream was a blowout of a lot of information regarding everything players can expect in October. From charity events, quality of life overhauls, as well as warframe reworks, the next prime warframe, and Abyss of Dagath. Here is everything we learned from the devstream.
Devstream 173 for Warframe Breakdown
They opened the devstream with an admittance of mishandling the Heirloom Packs. Creative Director Rebecca Ford did state they will be revising the system when they add the second batch next year in accordance to player feedback. They then went on to detail that Digital Extremes will be attending Twitchcon on October 21st as part of TennoVIP 2023. This will take place on October 21st.
Before they dived into content coming Warframe they have announced the annual Quest to Conquer Cancer in conjunction with the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation. As the community donates over next month they will unlock a myriad of rewards for the community. Including new leg armor, and an in-game poster and glyph. There will also be a new UI theme that can be customized in color, as well as a new floof players can buy.
But also coming in October is a lot of changes and additions to the game itself. Starting with the return of the Nights of Naberus Halloween event. The event will run as it normally does but will have some new rewards to earn. Such as a new syandana that is half a bat wing, and new sentinel accessories. They will also be adding the Lotus vampire skin for players to buy.
But that is not all, in the middle of the month, players can expect to be playing the Abyss of Dagath update.
Abyss of Dagath Coming on October 18th
The Abyss of Dagath is arriving in the middle of the month and it will bring the 54th warframe, Dagath and her signature weapon Dorrclave. Dorrclave will be a critical and slash focused blade and whip melee weapon with a unique function. This function will buff the next 20 attacks after earning 20 kills or assists with the weapon. Dagath herself is equally devastating, here are her abilities:
- Her first ability will create a radial slash and viral attack to enemies.
- The second ability with curse enemies within range and make them take continuous damage.
- Her third ability will give her a second life on a cooldown to avoid death. After taking enough damage to die with the ability active, you will enter a state where you deal more critical damage.
- Finally, her fourth ability will summon a wave of Kaithes to trample enemies.
- Her passive gives her more energy on orb pickups depending on how low her health is.
She is also coming with an alternate helmet and a royal kaithe skin. How you earn her is in two parts. First you will have to build a dojo room, and then keys from syndicates to infiltrate haunted ships in an extermination mission to earn resources to buy her and Dorrclave. Also, in this dojo room you can customize your kaithe from Duviri and listen to her story told by Grandmother from Deimos.
Protea, Mirage, and Nidus are all getting voidshell skins in this update alongside the companion and Hydroid rework.
Companion/Hydroid Rework in Warframe Details
Companions will no longer die in missions; they will simply get incapacitated and come back after a period of time in the mission. There will be a myriad of new mods coming to increase their viability in combat. Such as a mod that allows pets like Kavats or Kubrows to clone themselves for a period of time when you spend enough energy in combat. They will also be getting general stat increases for survivability ranging from 50%-90%. These stats do not appear to apply to damage they deal, however. But this is part one of the rework and a second wave of changes that will apply to pet abilities will come at a later date.
Hydroid is getting a total revamp to his kit, including the following changes:
- His passive increases armor stripping from corrosive status effects.
- His first ability now rains down corrosive damage on enemies and staggers them more. This ability no longer has a charge and the base damage now matches the original charge damage.
- The second ability can now be steered and drag enemies where you want them.
- His third ability is being replaced with Plunder. Plunder now strips armor from enemies and gives Hydroid that armor, as well as corrosive damage being added to his weapons.
- Finally, the fourth ability will just hold enemies in place and deal corrosive damage instead of magnetic.
Another change will be improving the new player experience that changes the following:
- Flawed mods in Warframe are gone.
- New players now get normal starter weapons instead of MK1 variants. But those can still be bought and used for mastery points.
- Junctions can now be completed easier.
- All players will now have an enemy radar of 30 meters.
- Waverider challenges have been cut down to 15 from 25.
- As well as Natah and Vox Solaris getting difficulty adjustments.
There was also a slew of quality-of-life improvements announced.
Below is a list of all changes they announced during the Warframe devstream:
- Cetus Wisps no longer run away.
- Necramech parts now have a pity system with reputation tokens to help new players.
- More accessibility and HUD options are coming, including enemy and ally highlight systems. Players can adjust the highlight colors for people that are colorblind.
- Auto-melee is coming, you can now hold down the melee button to keep attacking or tap to perform combos.
- Conservation now shows what animals you will be hunting, and will increase the brightness of the footprints.
- An update history tab is coming to the sign-in menu, alongside a visual overhaul for that menu.
- Icons for Buffs and Debuffs can be read when you pause the menu to understand the various icons of the game.
- Unique weapon traits and now more clear, and can be read in the modding menu of a weapon.
- Focus lens give more conversion at a baseline, as well as offering a small amount when you pick up the orb.
- Shield gating now has longer invulnerability depending on how much shields you have. As well as offering damage resistance for shields.
- Kahl will now have better mobility, and you can find stock in missions and have access to more weapons.
- Nightwave now has permanent acts you can replay weekly, and they are easier to complete. Some challenges are being streamlined.
- Warframe level up stats and mods for those stats are being given more coherency.
- Damage attenuation for Archons will no longer be as severe. Allowing players to have an easier time taking them down, especially Nira considering she heals a lot.
- Explosive barrels in missions now do damage in accordance with mission level.
- You can now change Incarnon evolutions in your arsenal.
- If you have every incarnon adapter you can use, you can select to earn specific rivens every week in Steel Path Circuit.
Grendel Prime, and Cross Save News for Warframe
They capped off the stream with some more juicy news. Such as Grendel Prime, and his weapons, Zylok and Masseter prime will be arriving with Abyss of Dagath. His prime accessories will be a syandana and ephemera. They also teased Sevagoth deluxe but did not say much more aside from the fact that it exists. They also talked about more news regarding cross save for Warframe. Cross platform clans will be coming soon with the Abyss of Dagath update, while cross platform friends lists are currently being tested.
But that was all for the Warframe side of the devstream. Both October and Novembers devstreams will be dedicated to Whispers in the Walls update. But they also shared some news for Soulframe. You can now listen to the stag boss fight music on youtube. As well as join the official discord for the game. But if you were hoping for a release date or window, the only news I can share is that there will be playtesting of the content you saw in TennoCon demo in December. However, this playtesting will be extremely limited to very lucky players. The game is as Steve Sinclair stated: “A ways out”.
If you would like to watch the official devstream, for all minute details, you can do so here.