The Kingdom Hearts franchise is making its grand debut on PC very soon. Whether you are a first-time player or revisiting this classic franchise, check out this guide on how to level up Sora’s Drive Forms in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
What Are Drive Forms?
Drive Forms give Sora enhanced combat and maneuver abilities along with a fancy new variation on his attire. There are four Drive Forms in Kingdom Hearts II, and a fifth was added in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. Sora is limited on using Drive Forms due to the Drive Gauge seen next to his portrait on the screen. While leveling up the Drive Forms is not required to beat the game, they do offer substantial passive abilities for Sora to use outside of his Drive Forms. These abilities, like High Jump, Glide, Dodge Roll, etc., are absolutely essential if you want to put up a fair fight against the endgame content.
Check out the video below for a breakdown on Drive Form leveling:
- Unlocks: Flora, Fauna and Merryweather gift Sora Valor Form after he obtains his new attire. You need Goofy in your party to activate it.
- How To Level Up: Land X amount of physical hits with Sora in Valor Form
- Unlocks: After finishing up the Timeless River world, Sora obtains Wisdom Form. You need Donald in your party to activate it.
- How To Level Up: Kill X amount of Heartless in Wisdom Form
- Unlocks: A kingly gift from King Mickey himself, given to Sora in Hollow Bastion before your first trip to Space Paranoids. Sacrifices both party members to activate.
- How To Level Up: Collect X amount of Drive Orbs in Master Form
- Unlocks: Sora obtains Limit form on the gang’s second visit to Twilight Town. This is the only Form that allows Sora to keep both party members when being used.
- How To Level Up: Successfully pull off X amount of Limit Attacks in Limit Form
- Unlocks: Final Form is the only specialty that has requirements in order to unlock it. First, complete the Sora vs Roxas event in World That Never Was, which is the game’s final world. Equip the Two Become One keyblade and activate any Drive Form in combat. The Two Become One keyblade gives Sora a high chance of turning into Final Form or Antiform, so stay alert. Final Form sacrifices both party members in order to activate it.
- How To Level Up: Kill X amount of Nobodies in Final Form
The Kingdom Hearts franchise releases on March 30 on the Epic Games Store. To see how much each collection will cost you, click here.