Chivalry 2 by Torn Banner Studio has quietly become one of my favorite multiplayer games in recent memory. Thanks to a great launch that was met with great reviews, and fantastic post-launch support. Chivalry 2 has really become a staple in my multiplayer rotation, and now in the brand new Aberfell update, even more content is coming to this medieval battle simulator.
Chivalry 2 House Aberfell Update Is Now Live
Today, Torn Banner Studio revealed the Aberfell update which is an expansive update that is jam-packed with goodies and fixes for Chivalry 2. An all-new 64 player team objective map called The Raid On Aberfell will give way to massive destruction as Druids and Knights clash in an epic battle. With a host of new weapons such as the Highland Sword which is a two-handed behemoth of a weapon that will decimate your opponents. There is also a wealth of bug fixes, UI changes, and general quality of life improvements. You can find the full patch notes here. This update is now live on PC, Xbox and PlayStation, you find quick notes of some of the biggest changes coming to the game below.
- The Raid on Aberfell: Experience the ultimate medieval battlefield and the chaos of combat in this large-scale 64-player Team Objective map that finds the Agatha Knights invading the birth land of the Mason Order’s King Malric. Attacking players are charged with sacking the village, destroying the Mason Order’s towering obelisks, and purging the heretical Druids from the land as defending players fight back every step of the way.
- New Playable Character – Druids: The Raid of Aberfell map features playable Druids charged with defending the Mason Order’s ancient stones. Armed with powerful staff melee weapons, the top-scoring players will be granted control of the Druids as the Order’s last line of defense against the Agatha offensive. Druids appear with a variety of new helmets, including the Goat, Wild Pig, Deer, and Eagle.
- New Gameplay – Hog Hoarding: As part of the sacking of the village of Aberfell, attacking players will join forces to… steal pigs! Capture livestock and peasants by carrying them on your shoulder to deny Mason Order’s access to food and labor.
- New Gameplay – Bees: For the first time in the history of the Chivalry franchise, players can look forward to the introduction of weaponized bees. While exploring the new Raid on the Aberfell Team Objective map, be sure to keep an eye out for oversized beehives. Players looking to create some buzz can pick up these bee bombs and throw them at enemies, unleashing a swarm of stinging insects that cause area of effect damage.
- New Weapons – Highland Sword: The Highland Sword is a massive, unwieldy beast of a blade that will butcher foes and send others running for the hills. Complete with new animations, weapon values, and special attacks, the Highland Sword for the Vanguard-class can be further customized with new Giant Claymore and Executioner sword skins.
- New Armory Items: In addition, players can look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics in the Armory, including the Agatha Gallowglass Armor and Mason Clan Armor, War Club – Shepherd Staff skin, Falchion – Chopper skin, Messer – Dacian Sword skin, Great Sword – Claymore skin, 10 new Face paints, and more
Chivalry 2 is currently available at a decent discount on the Epic Games Store for the next 24 hours for new players looking to dive into the epic brawler. Console owners will have to keep their eyes peeled as Torn Banner indicated that a discount will be coming in the next few weeks for Xbox and PlayStation players.
Will you be checking out the Chivalry 2 Aberfell update? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.