Brook Gaming has a wide array of various adapters and converters for nearly all consoles. For those looking to save a little money on their Xbox accessories, the Wingman XB Converter is here for you. With the Wingman XB Converter, you can use your Nintendo Switch and PlayStation controllers on the Xbox. The device works on both wired and wireless controllers.
I would not use the Wingman XB Converter for my daily gaming. Yet, the adapter creates an opportunity to save a little bit of money if you play games across all consoles. Drum pads, fight sticks, flight controls, and racing wheels can add up over time. Consequently having to buy expensive accessories across all three platforms can become obnoxious.
The most useful case comes with the launch of Taiko no Tatsujin for the Xbox. Today, there is not even a drum pad you can buy on the Xbox to play the game. Yet this year Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master entered Xbox Game Pass. Buying a Nintendo Switch drum controller along with the Wingman XB Converter may be the only way to play Taiko no Tatsujin with a drum pad on the Xbox.
If you are looking to play Taiko no Tatsujin on the Xbox with a drum pad, you can pick up a Wingman XB Converter here. I also recommend the device for anyone looking to use a single fight stick across platforms. The $45 for the adapter is a better option than a second $250 fight stick just to play Killer Instinct. Along with something like the $80 HOTAS flight yoke for Ace Combat 7 and Flight Simulator.
How To Set Up The Wingman XB Converter For Taiko no Tatsujin:
- Download the firmware based on the Mac or PC you are using here.
- Extract the .zip file and run the .exe to launch the firmware update tool.
- Hold down both buttons on the side of the Wingman XB Converter as you plug it into your machine. If successful the firmware update tool will prompt you to press Start.
- Press start and once the firmware update is complete you are all set to move the Wingman XB Converter over to the USB port on your Xbox Series console.
- From the Settings on the Xbox, head over to Accessories. Here you will be able to remap the buttons to the drum pad.
- Create a new controller profile for the drumset, name it something rememberable like, “Drum”
- Change the D-Pad UP to Left Stick click
- Change the Y button to Right Stick click
- Apply the changes and you are all set now to begin using your Nintendo Switch Taiko Drum on Taiko no Tatsujin for the Xbox.