During “Prime Time” a stream held by Digital Extremes where community director Megan Everett, Danielle, and others play the game with the community. They went over changes coming to one of the many weapon types in Warframe, the “Spear Gun”. Below are the changes, alongside some of the other little tidbits shared during the stream.
Warframe Spear Gun Changes
To start things off, we got a first look at Afentis in game. The way in which it fires was not shown, but the description detailing its thrown ability is:
“Throw Afentis to pin an enemy and nearby enemies will also be stunned. Throw Afentis onto the ground to buff nearby allies with Ballistarii Might. This buff increases reload speed, fire rate, and ammo pools and reduces recoil. Allies who kill enemies with Ballistarii Might maintain the buff temporarily when they move away from Afentis.”
This buff sounds very synergetic and works well with the changes coming to spear guns in Warframe. Such as when you throw the spear guns, they now return to your hand so you may fire them and leave a copy at the throw point. Charged and instant throws are combined when you throw them. So just tapping the throw button gives you the full benefits.
We also got a look at the “Slaytra” coming in Veilbreaker. It will be a slow-paced machete that doubles the duration of bleed effects.
All other details from the stream are as follows:
- The Spear Gun change is coming with Veilbreaker.
- Swapping between your warframe in a mission is now instantaneous.
- Augments will be getting changes, such as Octavias “Mallet” augment now only reducing the range by 20% instead of 50%.
- Plague Star as well as Scarlet Spear events are aiming to come back next year. However, Plague Star could come back if certain unknown changes are made.
- For those unaware of free warframe giveaways, the Stayanax you receive in Veilbreaker will come with a free warframe slot and orokin reactor installed.
- The next prime warframe will be revealed at the next Devstream, which Megan hinted could be this month or next month.
- Veilbreaker will come with a new round of community-made Tennogen items. Also, Veilbreaker’s file size on Xbox will be slightly larger than on other platforms. This is due to them “remastering shaders” in the game. So do not worry if the file size appears larger than other platforms.
You can watch the Prime Time stream here.