Death Stranding was an absolutely fascinating game to observe when it was released on PlayStation 4 in 2019. The game represented the first Hideo Kojima game since his very public departure from Konami. The game combined some incredibly intense storytelling with outside-the-box gameplay and it was possibly one of the most enigmatic releases in 2019.
During today’s PlayStation State of Play, we got a brand new look at Death Strandings Director’s Cut with a new trailer. The director’s cut will be bringing a wide variety of new features as well as missions, and gameplay elements for players to experience. The introduction of new story content as well as a variety of new tools that you can use to deliver cargo, including a cargo catapult. PlayStation 5 owners will be able to enjoy all this new content as well as some unique PlayStation 5 features.
- Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
- Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
- Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
- Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support
Digital owners of Death Stranding will be able to upgrade their PS4 copies of the game to the Director’s Cut for a simple $10 fee. This will give players a host of new content and features to experience the world of Death Stranding all over again, or for the first time. Death Stranding Director’s Cut will officially be coming to PlayStation 5 on September 24th, 2021.
Death Stranding Director’s Cut – Trailer
Will you be purchasing Death Stranding Director’s Cut when it releases? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.