Devstream 166 has just wrapped up on the official Warframe channels. Check out our thorough breakdown that includes a new take on Survival missions, the 51st Warframe, Voruna, Grendel’s Rework, Yareli Ability Changes, Nightwave’s future, cross-platform play status, Duviri Paradox information, the next Prime Warframe, and more. If you missed our Devstream 165 breakdown, be sure to check it out here.
All details courtesy of Digital Extremes via their blog post.
Everything from Warframe Devstream 166
Finally, Tenno can rejoice for new content. As Lua’s Prey will launch tomorrow. Check out the details from Digital Extremes themselves:
A deadly hunter stalks deserted Orokin halls on Lua, Tenno, howling with uncontrollable rage. The Worm Queen has sent her forces to investigate and trap the predator for good. Discover the secrets residing on Lua for yourself with new Conjunction Survival Missions, a new Warframe, new Weapons and more!
Lua’s Prey will act as a smaller update to hold players over for The Duviri Paradox next year. But even with this in mind, the opening cinematic shows promise for some heavier narrative elements.
Conjunction Survival Missions
Two new Mission nodes await you on Lua. There, players can take on the challenge of Conjunction Survival, where Thrax enemies will periodically spawn causing your Survival meter to drop 50% faster. Not to mention the mysterious areas drained of all color, where the Tenno’s connection to the Void grows stronger, giving them a buff to Ability Strength and casting speed. Keep in mind Tenno, in order to gain access to Conjunction Survival Missions, you must have completed The War Within.
If you have a Necramech, you may want to use it to eradicate these enemies with extreme haste. Defeating these Enemies will reward you with vital Resources for crafting Voruna and her signature Weapons.
Why have these Enemies appeared? What is a Void Conjunction? What connection could it all have to the Duviri Paradox? Find out when Lua’s Prey launches on all platforms on November 30th.
Voruna Ready to Pounce
Alongside the new content, Voruna, the wolf-inspired Warframe is ready to tear and pounce its way into Lua’s Prey. First, revealed during TennoCon 2022 back in July, Voruna is the 51st Warframe that will be available to players. She is a skilled hunter and the undeniable heart of the pack. Using a combination of her own ferocity and technological supremacy, Voruna picks apart those who trespass in her temples one by one.
Voruna’s Abilities and Passive’s
- Shroud of Dynar: Dynar shrouds Voruna with invisibility and accelerates her speed. Invisibility ends when Voruna attacks, but if you perform a lethal hit within a short window after invisibility ends, you earn a Critical Damage and Status Chance buff.
- Fangs of Raksh: Cast upon an enemy to jump onto them, where they are afflicted with 5 random Status Effects are applied at 10 Stacks each. On the target’s death, spread the Status Effects to other nearby enemies.
- Lycath’s Hunt: Lycath hunts to sustain the pack. There is a chance for enemies killed by melee attacks to drop health orbs. Enemies killed by headshots have a guaranteed chance to drop energy orbs. This ability can be subsumed via the helminth for use on other warframes.
- Ulfrun’s Descent: Voruna drops to all fours and prepares 5 brutal charges that lock onto enemies. Ulfrun, the most powerful wolf, leads the attack as Voruna dashes toward her target. A lethal attack doubles the damage of your next charge, so pick your targets wisely.
Voruna is also the first warframe to be able to have four unique passives. By holding down the activation for abilities similar to Ivara’s Quiver, or Vauban’s Mines she can gain the following in order:
- Dynar guards Voruna, increasing her Parkour Velocity.
- Raksh guards Voruna with complete Status Effect resistance.
- Lycath guards Voruna with increased Heavy Attack efficiency.
- Ulfrun guards Voruna. If Voruna falls during this time, Ulfrun dies in her place. With a 30 second cooldown.
Tenno can earn her Component Blueprints in the new Conjunction Survival Missions to craft in your Foundry, as well as instantly add Voruna to your Arsenal along with her signature Weapons and Customizations with The Pack’s Heart Bundle.
The Pack’s Heart Bundle features:
- Voruna Warframe
- Sarofang Heavy Blade
- Perigale Sniper
- Voruna Anukas Helmet
- Okuri Tails Ephemera
- Voruna Voidshell Skin (and Material Structure)
Details on how to acquire Voruna and her Weapons
There will be two different missions, both functioning the same but they will get harder over time.
The first path is to earn her blueprints from the new Lua Conjunction Missions. As a quick recap, these missions are a Survival variant with added lore and gameplay challenges:
– Players will be able to use their Necramech for 2 minutes on a 10-minute cooldown in this mission.
– Every wave, new Lua Thrax Variants will spawn that accelerate your Life Support drain, making them a priority target!
– A Dax Ally wanders about the tileset between Life Support towers. Standing within his strange aura will offer you Ability Strength and Casting Time buffs.
– There are two different nodes for this mission type as they offer different rewards and challenge levels.
The second path is to trade the new Lua Thrax Plasm resources with Yonta in the Chrysalith for her Blueprints. This approach is similar to what we did with Lavos in Orphix Venom, where players can directly purchase the blueprints they are missing if they’re having bad luck.
– Lua Thrax Plasm is obtained from Lua Conjunction Nodes as a guaranteed reward every 5 minutes
– The amount earned scales with mission difficulty if you are up for the challenge.
Grendel has seen a lot less use since his initial debut. But a rework has been in the works for some time now. Allowing him to be more viable. Here is the reworked abilities:
– Reduced number of total enemies Grendel can eat to 5. There is a new UI indicator showing the health of each individual in his gut as well.
– Removed energy drain from enemies in his Gut.
– Gourmand Augment Mod is changing to offer an additional 150 Armor per enemy (400 total) in his Gut.
Removed “cycle to cast” mechanic, and now all buffs are triggered upon ability cast.
Casting heals Grendel for a flat health value, and applies the following buffs:
– 2x Energy efficiency from Orbs for Grendel and Allies in range.
– Grendel and buffed allies explode radial Viral Damage causing 10 stacks of Viral Procs and staggering enemies.
– Grendel and allies within range get bonus Viral Damage on their weapons.
Now in the third ability slot!
– No longer requires enemies in your Gut to cast, but there is an energy drain for being in your Pulverize form with an empty Gut. Now you are incentivized to keep Feasting to stop the energy drain!
– Speaking of, players can now cast Grendel’s other abilities in Pulverize.
– General movement improvements for the ability.
– Heal over time added while in “meatball” form, which decays the longer you stay in the ability.
Now his fourth ability!
– Casts toxin damage over time.
– Base 70% armor strip.
All of this, alongside his new passive that buffs his armor to 250 instead of 50 should entice players to give him a try again.
Yareli is a personal favorite of mine. So hearing that she was getting buffed was music to my ears. Here is what Yareli fans can expect with these changes:
– Added a 1 second delay before the Critical Flow buff ends after Yareli stops moving.
- Sea Snares:
– Enemies captured in Sea Snares now have 200% Damage Vulnerability from all other sources. This includes enemies who are immune to being crowd controlled by her snares (Eximus with Overguard, etc.) — they will still get hit extra hard after being caught.
– For the first 4 seconds after casting, Merulina will gain Health instead of losing it when being attacked, similarly to how Iron Skin functions. Additionally, Yareli will be temporarily invulnerable during the damage absorption.
– Merulina will persist with your Warframe when transferring to and from Operator.
Riptide can now be cast in different ways for different effects:
– Tap to create a Riptide water tornado that pulls in nearby enemies.
– Upon expiry of the ability, or when recasting while Riptide is still active, the existing Riptide will explode.
– Press and hold to create a Riptide that automatically pulls enemies in and explodes them out (how it used to work before).
These buffs, alongside Grendels rework will be launching with Lua’s Prey.
Status on Cross-Platform Play
So far, cross-platform play is available between Xbox and PC platforms. Currently, players can see different symbols representing the different platforms players are playing on. DE is currently seeking to expand to more platforms by testing them out gradually. Moreover, players can now view profiles from other platforms. Cross-save is also in the works, but the current focus is on cross-play first.
Baruuk Prime and New Prime Resurgence
Revealed during the stream, the next Prime warframe will be Baruuk Prime! He will be arriving with the Afuris Prime and Cobra & Crane Prime. Afuris will have a decent critical chance but a high-status chance with puncture as its main damage type. While Cobra & Crane will be high in status chance and boast impact damage as its main damage type. Screenshots of them can be found here, thanks to Reddit user Jh0n007GTR. The release date for Baruuk Prime will be December 14th.
Ivara Prime and Oberon Prime will be making their way to Prime Resurgence on December 1st. So be sure to head to Varzi in Maroo’s Bazaar to get your hands on them and their respective weapons if you missed out on them!
Other Details from Devstream 166
A new Nora’s Mix is dropping with Lua’s Prey. Players can complete new and returning Acts to earn Nora Cred and trade them for rewards like the Protokol Necramech Skin, Mods, Noggle Statues, and much more. Alongside this are a plethora of smaller changes and news updates. Such as:
- New Arcanes. There are no specifics on what they are or where you can buy them. But one will increase your health as you absorb health orbs.
- Two new Tenet weapons from Sisters of Parvos. The Tenet Plinx can be acquired from Sisters. While the Tenet Ferrox can only be acquired from Ergo Glast in Perrin Sequence.
- The Xaku Kagura Deluxe skin. As well as the Lotus Amaga skin will be in this update. You will have to complete The New war to be able to purchase the Lotus skin.
- Some supporter packs will finally be able to be purchased with platinum. Instead of having to be bought with real money.
- Health Orbs now give 50 instead of 25 health.
- Trinity’s Well of Life is getting a buffed range. Additionally, allies within range will be protected against status effects.
- This update also fixes some Cross Play bugs: Players will be able to view profiles on other platforms. Fixed players losing their Relay blessing when returning to their Orbiter. And fixed Players being unable to see each other in Relays!
- There will be a new Arcane Segment to your Arsenal to help you better manage this equipment!
- Also, some weapons will be receiving nerfs to fire rate. While semi-automatic weapons will be receiving buffs to fire rate.
- Tennobaum will be returning soon. This is a holiday-themed event, centered around gifting items to players.
Finally, they capped off the stream by showing a very small slice of The Duviri Paradox. For fans that are eagerly awaiting the update, the first Devstream of 2023 in January will be focused solely on it. But this was the final Devstream for this year. So do not expect one in December.
If you would like to catch the full Devstream, you can watch it here.