Boxing has seen quite a resurgence in popularity in the past couple of years. A sport that was often written off after MMA took the world by storm, has quickly found its stride again. This means we will begin to see more boxing content and video games in the future. One such game is Undisputed from Steel City Interactive, which is a one-stop shop for everything you need in a sports game. From licensed big-name boxers as well as a complex but dynamic fighting system. There probably is not a better boxing game out there right now, and it just got even better with a new update.
An Undisputed Career Mode Enters The Ring
Today, it was announced in a press release from Steel City Interactive that Career mode would be added to its early access title. In this early-access career mode, you will have the opportunity to create your own male or female boxer. Then begin to learn the ropes of what it takes to be a professional boxer, you can even fight against legendary boxers like Tyson Fury, Canelo Alvarez, and many more. The full list of features coming to Undisputed’s career mode is as follows.
- Create your own boxer – male or female – customize your fighter’s hairstyle, body weight (which determines your weight class), clothing, and fighting styles.
- Build your team and your future. Assemble the perfect manager, cutman, and coach around your fighter to progress and develop your skills, all while you earn money, fame, affinity, and experience in your climb up the ranks.
- Negotiate your path to success – choose the opponents you want to fight and which to avoid. Negotiate fight contracts to earn the most rewards.
- In-ring action with an innovative, dynamic coach advice system.
- Fine-tune your skills in training camps, where your exercise and fight choices (vitality, movement speed, health, defense, etc.) will determine your strategy for whoever will face you next in the ring.
- Undertake media opportunities to increase your fame.
- Choose your path to Glory. Make your own goals and define your own success story. Winning all the belts, including WBO, WBC, IBF, and SCI? Retire with a pile of cash and a legion of adoring fans? The choices are yours – do you have what it takes to become Undisputed?
These aren’t all the features for Career mode as Steel City states that even more features will be available upon full release. Undisputed is currently in early access on Steam, but it will be coming to Xbox Series consoles and PlayStation 5 in 2024. You can check out our impressions of Undisputed from PAX East here.
Will you be checking out this boxing sim? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.