Grounded Patch 0.1.1
Grounded is finally getting an update dubbed patch 0.1.1 This patch will arrive in the next couple of days according to Obsidian. This new title comes from the bright minds behind other games. Such as The Outer worlds and major upcoming RPG, Avowed. Grounded recently entered the Game Preview program, allowing fans to play and help shape the course of the game. As with every game that enters this program, they are never a fully finished product. Thankfully this new survival game by Obsidian has been more polished than most. Though that doesn’t mean it hasn’t had its fair share of issues. Which there has been a lot of. It has been nice to see the team hard at work addressing some of the more critical issues for the game.
Update: Patch 0.1.1 is live on all platforms, and patch 0.1.2 has been detailed!
With those that are familiar with other survival titles such as Ark: Survival Evolved and Subnautica, they can be fairly glitchy and riddled with issues. It can be a long and arduous process to make the perfect and highly polished survival game. This is the start of turning Grounded into a highly refined game that will continue to take survival fans by storm! Here are some of the top issues addressed with patch 0.1.1.
- Made changes to make finding, joining, and hosting games with friends more reliable.
- We adjusted the handling of joining game failure (the game is full, the game no longer exists, etc.).
- Players will no longer be permanently stuck in spider webs after destroying them.
- Restoring save games that have lost progression state (ex. Oak Tree Lab doors no longer opening for players, Mysterious Machine not allowing players to hit buttons to finish the quest, time being frozen, etc.) RETROACTIVE: After updating the game, players should be able to load into their game and continue to progress. Should this issue happen again, logging out of the save and then loading back in should resolve the issue and allow you to continue playing.
- Fixed an issue with endless larva spawning over time. Larva was also spawning each time a spike trap was built. This update will not remove the larva that has already spawned into games, but the larva respawn rate has been fixed.
- Block Tutorial now only plays once.
And most importantly..!
- Tuned Wolf Spider hearing and investigation AI to creep on the player less frequently.
I think it’s safe to say that everyone who has experienced Grounded so far, will appreciate this last update tidbit. No more do you have to stare down a spider from 50cm away, knowing that it’s going to end up following you as it stares right back. No more do you have to run around in circles, feeling like you are being chased by Michael Myers from Halloween. Ok, well, you will probably still have to run from them every once in a while. They will still come to stalk you, just left often. For all of the details on the patch notes, you can find them here: Grounded Patch 0.1.1
If you are looking for some help in this new game, we have you covered on some of the things that will make your life easier!