Grounded Public Test Branch (PTR) is finally here, only a little over two months out after launching into Game Preview. This new survival game by Obsidian has been met with consistent support from the developers, and it has been a great thing to see. With this new Public Test Branch, you can get an early look at what’s to come with patch 0.3.0.
Currently, the Grounded Public Test Branch (PTR) is only for the Steam version. It might be a little bit of time yet until Xbox console owners can participate in the Public Test Branch patch 0.3.0 as well. Keep tuned to this page for more information on when this will come to Xbox.
Access to more players will be coming soon! We want everyone to be able to help us, and we are working to make that happen. I'm sorry if you aren't able to help now, but we will get you in as soon as we can and we appreciate your patience while we work on this!
— Grounded (@GroundedTheGame) September 21, 2020
How to access the Public Test Branch
In order to obtain access to this Public Test Branch on Steam, it requires some very simple steps. Here is a quick breakdown of exactly what you need to do. Before anything, please visit the Grounded forums page for Disclaimers: “Welcome to the Grounded Public Test Branch!”
For the full information page on how to join, please go here: How to access the Grounded Public Test Realm.
- Go to your steam library, find Grounded, right-click on the game and then go to Properties.
- Find the “BETAS” tab on the far right side
- Hit the scroll down tab that says “Select the Beta you would like to opt into”
- Select the Public test
- Your Grounded library title should instantly start an update and say “Grounded [public_test]”
*Spoiler!* PTR 0.3.0 Patch Notes Highlights
Along with the Public Test Branch comes patch notes of course. Patch 0.3.0 provides some significant changes you can experience early on. Here are only some of what is in the patch. If you really want to find out the full patch notes, please go here: *Spoilers!* Grounded Public Test Realm Patch Notes 0.3.0
- The Hedge has been revamped with new content
- New Building: Zip-lines
- UE4 Version Upgrade
- Ant Soldiers have a set of new attacks
- Ant Soldiers now deal more damage with their attacks
- All weapons have had their damage, stamina cost, and durability adjusted to fit a stricter Tier-based curve
- The Recycle Building interface now shows how many structures will collapse if the target building is Recycled
- New perks to discover and unlock
- New color themes to discover and unlock
Lets us know of your experience in the Grounded Public Test Branch with Patch 0.3.0! Has it rekindle an interest in the game, or has it pushed you even further into the depths of the backyard?
Previous Grounded Patch Notes
- Grounded Patch 0.2.1 released with fixes to save files and more\
- Roadmap for Grounded detailed with new feature board
- Grounded August 26th Patch 0.2.0 Detailed
- Grounded Patch 0.1.2 Details Fixes for Mushroom Gardens and More
- Upcoming Patch 0.1.1 for Grounded Details Major Fixes