The Xbox and Bethesda 2023 Showcase has come and gone. With that, we have a round-up of everything at the show. Xbox has made a power play with Japanese developers and small indie studios. Following the show, the Xbox marketing team took to Twitter to assure followers that this is just their 12-month road map. While delays are inevitable, Xbox promises everything from this 2022 Summer Showcase will release within the next 12 months.
Xbox Game Studios
- Forza Motorsport – The official announcement and real-time 4K trailer for the upcoming Racing Sim. No date was given but they are targeting a Spring 2023 launch.
- Flight Simulator Expansion & Halo Crossover – Flight Simulator will be celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. This will bring the launch of the 40th Anniversary Edition of the game launching this November. The trailer ends by showing a new Halo-themed add-on to the game which has launched today!
- Grounded 1.0 – After over two years of early access, Grounded will launch as official this September.
- Forza Horizon 5 Hotwheels Expansion – Coming July 19th, Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels is included in the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-ons Bundle, Premium Edition, and Expansions Bundle – and will be available for standalone purchase at $19.99 USD.
- Minecraft Legends – An action-strategy game coming in 2023 under the Minecraft brand.
- Pentiment – Brand new announced narrative adventure game from the director of Fallout: New Vegas. The game will launch this November in Xbox Game Pass.
- Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Update – Launching on June 21st, 2022 for Xbox Game Pass. High Isle expansion will now bring console players to the Systres Archipelago and confront the Ascendant Order.
- Fallout 76 – Expeditions: The Pitt – In September, travel to the remains of post-nuclear Pittsburgh, now known only as The Pitt.
- Redfall – A gameplay presentation on the upcoming Arkane Austin co-op FPS. The game appears to be part Prey or Dishonored and some parts Doom. No release date was given, yet its opening to the show may be a sign that this is Xbox Game Studio’s next big first-party game.
- Starfield – Elder Scrolls and Fallout director, Todd Howard gave us a new look at Starfield with an extensive gameplay trailer. There is yet to be a new release date following the dealy out of 2022 earlier this year.
Activision Blizzard King
- Overwatch 2 – The game has moved to a free-to-play model and will launch in early access on October 4th. They also showcased a new hero.
- Diablo IV – We got our first look at the all-new Necromancer class as well as a nice chunk of gameplay. No mention of Xbox Game Pass when it launches, however, we assume all Activision Blizzard titles will join the platform when their acquisition becomes final in 2023.
Indies Coming To Xbox and Game Pass
- High On Life – The Sci-Fi FPS from Squanch Games brings humor to the event. From the creators of Rick and Morty, this will be the studio’s second title. It will be launching in Game Pass on day one across Cloud, PC, and Console later this year.
- Scorn – After years of crowdfunding, Scorn releases on Xbox Game Pass on October 21st, 2022. The event also showed some FPS gameplay.
- Gunfire Reborn – An action Rouge-Like RPG shooter with two to four-player co-op. Gunfire Reborn is coming to Xbox Game Pass with its randomly generated levels “soon.”
- Hollow Knight Silksong – The highly anticipated indie darling is coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches sometime in 2023. The trailer showed a significant amount of gameplay.
- The Case of Benedict Fox – Sometime in 2023, the narrative-heavy indie game will hit Xbox Game Pass when it launches.
- As Dusk Falls – Launching on July 19th on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass, ADF is a narrative-driven adventure game.
- Cocoon – A brand new title from the developers of Inside and Limbo. This will be coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass in 2023 as a console exclusive.
- Ara: History Untold – A new game announcement from Oxide Games. Ara will be a turn-based strategy game from the creators of Civilization. PC is the only confirmed platform but, it will be coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one.
- Ereban: Shadow Legacy – From a small indie studio in Spain comes a stealth platformer set in a Sci-Fi universe. It will launch on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass in 2023.
- Ravenlok – An action-adventure game coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass in 2023
- Lightyear Frontier – Coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass in the Spring of 2023, Lightyear Frontier is an adventure game with heavy crafting elements.
- Flintlock: The Seige of Dawn – Hitting Xbox and Xbox Game Pass “Early next year.” Look forward to the action RGP next year from the creators of Ashen.
Big In Asia
- Naraka: Bladepoint – On June 23rd Xbox players will be able to play this cult PC 60-player battle royal title from China.
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – From the creators of Dynasty Warriors and Nioh comes a brand new game. This is part of Xbox’s initiative to grow its games catalog from Asia.
- Persona 3 Portable – A port of the PSP classic will be coming to Xbox Game Pass and PC in 2023.
- Persona 4 Golden – One of the greatest JRPGs of all time is coming to Xbox consoles in 2023.
- Persona 5 Royal – For a long time P5 was the revered JRPG exclusive to the PlayStation 4. Now coming to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox consoles on October 21st.
- Kojima is working with Xbox – Beloved director from popular Metal Gear Solid games is making an exclusive Xbox game using their cloud technology.
Third-Party AAA and AA Games
- Riot is coming to Xbox Game Pass – For PC and mobile, the five Riot-published games will be coming to Xbox Game Pass. That’s right, League of Legends, League of Legends Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, Teamfight Tactics, and Valorant. No update on a console GP release of the five titles.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem – We get another look at gameplay for the upcoming horror adventure game. It will be launching on Game Pass day one in 2023.
- Ark 2 – Follow up to the 2015 live service game, Ark 2 now features Vin Diesel as already announced in 2021. The game will launch in Xbox Game Pass when it is ready at some point in the near future.