After Bungie broke the huge news of the Destiny 2 Shadowkeep delay, their attention now shifts to the current Season Of Opulence. In order to accommodate an additional two weeks needed for Shadowkeep’s new release date, we were now provided an updated Season of Opulence roadmap. Filling out the content gaps will include the extension of the Moments of Triumph event, multiple Iron Banners, along with a Mayhem/Valor/Infamy boost event.
Season of Opulence Update 18.104.22.168 Preview
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- Bad luck protection to guarantee drops after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124, Bungie will host a Community Challenge.
The last two days have been a lot to unpack as Destiny 2 moves toward a Bungie controlled future. I believe delaying Shadowkeep from September 17th to October 1st was the right call. This allows Bungie to iron out the kinks prior to launch, and not rush the World First Garden of Salvation Raid on October 5th. World First Raid title has always been a distinction Bungie values extremely high, and this move protects that integrity. Cross save is also a very underrated surprise factor here. In my opinion, moving that launch date to summer provides better onboarding for all platforms (Steam, Xbox, Playstation, Stadia) involved. I’m extremely excited to test cross-save this summer and play Destiny 2 with friends no longer restricted by the platform I own.
[See More: Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes Returns]
Tune into The Last Word with Lord Cognito and Ebontis every Friday, your go-to looter shooter podcast.