Final Fantasy XIV‘s upcoming expansion has an official title and release window, announced by Square Enix in a special Friday live stream.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
Patch 6.0 of Final Fantasy XIV is coming Fall 2021 and has been titled Endwalker. This will be the fourth expansion DLC for the MMO RPG. In Endwalker, players will witness the climax to the long-spanning story between the higher beings Hydaelyn and Zodiark. FFXIV Director and Producer Naoki Yoshida, a.k.a. Yoshi-P, iterated while Endwalker would be the end to the story, the game will be ongoing. A teaser trailer kicked off the announcement showcase:
Along with the teaser trailer was the announcement of one of the two new jobs launching with Patch 6.0, a healer class called Sage.
A PlayStation 5 version is currently in development. According to developers, the PS5 edition will feature improved frame rates, faster load times, 4K resolution support, and more. Players with a registered license for FFXIV on PS4 can receive the PS5 version for free. An open beta is scheduled for April 13.
New Dungeons, Areas, and more
As for other new additions coming in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, see below:
- New areas, such as Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and the Moon (Yes, you read that right).
- Increased level cap to level 90
- Updates to the battle system
- A New Tribe: the Arkasodara
- Anima (an enemy from Final Fantasy X) is expected to appear
- More Dungeons
- High-Difficulty Raid: Pandæmonium
- New Small-scale PvP Mode
- Estinien Wyrmblood will be added as an NPC dungeon partner
- Endwalker‘s Alliance Raid will be a FFXIV original
- New Residential District: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing Fun in Island Sanctuary
- New Gear and Crafting Recipes
- Expanded Horizons via the Data Center Travel System
More information on Endwalker will be revealed at the Final Fantasy XIV Digital Fan Festival 2021. That will take place on May 14 – 15 and will be streamed.
You catch the full announcement live stream here.