On last night’s Prime Time community from Digital Extremes, Creative Director of Warframe, Rebecca Ford, and Community Director, Megan Everett, went over some details for The Duviri Paradox. The upcoming expansion for the game. The details were centered around The Circuit. One of the new game modes coming in the expansion. As well as some key details concerning Spirals and other details for Duviri. Here is everything we learned from the community stream.
Details on The Circuit In The Duviri Paradox
Originally when this was shown during Devstream 168, there was a lot of this game mode that was shrouded in mystery. Considering it is a key component of The Duviri Paradox overall, what was shown felt underwhelming. But there is a lot more to this game mode than meets the eye. The Circuit will be a new endless weekly activity with tons of rewards to earn for players both old and new. Here are some new details for the warframe-centric game mode for The Duviri Paradox:
- For starters, it will be comprised of rotating endless activities. Such as defense, survival, or excavation. There will also be a Steel Path version for this activity.
- This is a warframe-centric activity. So you will be using a random warframe and weapons throughout the activity. Any warframe can be loaned to new players who do not own them, but not their prime variants. But you can access prime variants if you own them.
- Warframes chosen by new players will have preset mod selections inserted into those frames.
- Thrax enemies from the Zariman, as well as new Duviri enemies and old enemies from the game, will spawn into the activity.
There will also be new rewards and reward paths for existing rewards in the game.
Incarnon Genesis and Reward Paths
Each week, The Circuit will be rotating rewards. Such as Incarnon adapters for various weapons in the game. However, you can earn single adapters for certain weapons, such as the Lato. If you want to add the adapter for the normal weapon and its vandal or prime variant, you will need to earn multiple adapters.
There will be five random adapters to earn each week on a rotation that is solely earned from the Steel Path version of the game mode. But the best part about The Circuit is the reward paths for warframes. These will be a 10-tier reward path to unlock warframe and weapon blueprints in the normal version of the game mode. As well as mods and arcanes. These reward paths will rotate every week similarly to Incarnon adapters. But if you are in a run in Duviri, you can earn decrees in this activity that will affect your run. Decrees are a selection of random buffs you can choose from.
Details on the Mood Spirals
There will be five mood spirals that will affect the world of The Duviri Paradox.
In Devstream 168, we got a glimpse of either calm or happiness. While the gameplay shown during Tennocon 2022 showed anger. During Prime Time they showed sorrow. Explaining that the story elements and characters that you focus on will change depending on the mood. Sorrow showcased Lucinia and the story surrounding her. But they only showed part of it so as to not spoil too much.
The story structure looks like an assortment of missions with dialogue from characters like Lucinia. As well as the antagonist Dominus Thrax. There is also narration from what sounds like Mother from Deimos.
Outside of these key details for The Circuit in The Duviri Paradox, there were miscellaneous details regarding the expansion.
- There are five weapons for the Drifters melee system: Single, Dual, and Two-handed Nikanas, a Polearm, and Heavy Mace. All Drifter melee weapons can be earned for use in normal Warframe activities.
- There will be 4 Drifter beard options, one will be free.
- Drifter Intrinsics will grant mastery rank experience.
- Defeating the Orowyrm will apparently grant Steel Path for Duviri.
- Finally, there is no new warframe coming to the game with The Duviri Paradox. However, there will be one added in the “Echoes” quality of life update post-launch.